The HDI Support Centre Standard Certification has been developed to define industry best practices as a basis for certifying support centres.
The HDI Support Centre Standard is organized into eight categories representing five “Enablers” and three “Results”.
The “Enablers” are: (1) Leadership (2) Strategy and Policy (3) People Management (4) Resources (5) Process and Procedure. The “Results” are: (1) People Satisfaction (2) Customer Satisfaction (3) Performance Results. The “Enablers” evaluation is classified in “four Maturity Levels” as follows:
- Maturity Level 1: Just started: Recognition of the value of the activity and the beginnings of plans for improvement.
- Maturity Level 2: Some progress: Evidence that the activity is being performed and is reviewed for improvement, and examples of successful implementation or results.
- Maturity Level 3: Considerable progress: Evidence that the activity is being consistently performed and regularly reviewed, and some examples of improvements. Implementation may not be universal or applied to its full potential across the organization.
- Maturity Level 4: Fully achieved/optimized—An approach or result that is universally implemented, continual improvement efforts exist, and it is difficult to envision significant improvement.
The “Results” evaluation is classified in “four Maturity Levels” as follows:
- Maturity Level 1: Measured: Performance data is routinely collected.
- Maturity Level 2: Comparisons to goals: The organization collects data and routinely compares performance to organizational goals or targets. Data has been collected and compared to goals or targets for at least one reporting period or three months.
- Maturity Level 3: Trending to goals: The organization collects data, routinely reports performance, and compares results to goals or targets. Data has been collected and compared to goals or targets for at least two reporting periods or six months. The results show performance trending to goals or targets.
- Maturity Level 4: Consistently meeting goals: The organization has met performance goals or targets for several reporting periods and trends indicate consistent results for at least two or more reporting periods or one year.
Some support centres which have taken HDI Certification are Cognizant, Lexis Nexis, Fujitsu, DISN Global Support Centre (DGSC), Aetna, CareTech Solutions, CDIT Solutions, Intergraph, Lockheed Martin, NEC, NTT Communications, SABIC.
In order to move forward in the direction of certification, we need first to conduct a self-evaluation. Then we can see what is our situation. After that we can decide the target Maturity Level and time-frame that we have. An HDI Certification is valid for a period of 02 years.