CMMI is a framework for Software Process Improvement. CMMI is divided into Maturity Levels, then these Maturity Levels are further divided into Process Areas and each Process Area is further divided into Specific Practices. At Maturity Level 3 there are 18 Process Areas that needs to be fulfilled.
Now question arise how to achieve Maturity Level 3. We can divide all type of activities into following activities –
- Determination: First thing that is required is the seriousness and determination of an organization to achieve CMMI Maturity Level 3.
- Collect know-how about CMMI: You can read about CMMI from SEI website. Latest CMMI Model (V1.3)in .pdf can be downloaded from this link – http://www.sei.cmu.edu/library/abstracts/reports/10tr033.cfm
- Training on CMMI: DQS India, an authorised SEI Partner, can be hired for providing CMMI Official Intro Training to Organizationâ€™s Project Managers and Quality Assurance Group.
- Hire CMMI Lead Appraiser: A lead appraiser is a SEI Authorised Person who conduct of assessment of your organization (or the IT Department) and provide the assessment ratings. Only after his assessment, ratings received from him and after SEIâ€™s approval you can say yourself CMMI Assessed Company for CMMI Maturity Level 3.
- Processes and Implementation: The organization needs to have processes to satisfy the requirements of CMMI. Organization also needs to show the implementation of these processes in projects.
- Pre-assessments: Organization can opt for Pre-Assessments (like SCAMPI C or SCAMPI B) before going for formal SCAMPI A Assessment. This helps in organization measuring the effort spent by them on the CMMI Implementations and also help them in identification of Opportunities for improvement.
- SCAMPI A Assessment: Formal CMMI Assessment is the SCAMPI A Assessment. On successful completion of the SCAMPI A Assessment, an organization can say that they have been assessed for CMMI Maturity Level 3 and they have achieve it.
DQS India, an Authorised SEI Partner, can provide services like Authorised CMMI Instructor, CMMI Lead Appraiser and CMMI Authorised High Maturity Appraiser.