CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) is a framework for process improvement, developed by SEI (now CMMI Institute). It is a collection of Best Practices.
A CMMI model
- is a process improvement approach that provides organizations with the essential elements of effective processes
- can be used to guide improvement across a team, project, division, or entire organization, and helps to set process improvement goals and
- priorities, provide guidance for quality processes, and provide a point of reference for appraising current processes.
Currently, there are three CMMI Models available that addresses the following:
- The development of Software Products and Services i.e. CMMI–DEV
- The acquisition of Products and Services i.e. CMMI–ACQ
- The establishment, management, and delivery of services i.e. CMMI–SVC
CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) Version 1.3
CMMI for Development (CMMI-DEV) model is meant for organizations involved with Software Development or Maintenance activities. CMMI for Development provides best practices for process improvement to improve upon the quality of the work, better control of schedule, costing, efforts etc.
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Version 1.3
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) model is meant for organizations that develop, provides and manages Services to the Customers and end users. CMMI for Services provides best practices for process improvement to improve upon the development of new services, quality of existing services, better control of schedule, costing, efforts etc.
CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) Version 1.3
CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) model is meant for organizations that are involved with acquisitions and integration of different products and services. CMMI for Acquisition (CMMI-ACQ) provides best practices for acquisition and integration.
Having difficulty in selecting the right CMMI Model?
Sometimes it is very difficult to select the right model for the organization due to the nature of job performed by the organization. Job performed by the organization may have overlapping activities from different CMMI Models like Development and Services. Expert CMMI Consultant can help you in selecting the right CMMI Model for your organization. CMMI Consultants can also help in conducting the GQM Analysis for selecting the right CMMI Model for you.
Contact DQS India
Interested in our CMMI Services, please contact:
DQS Certification India Private Limited
Please note: Email communication would be preferred mode of communication.
Reference Material taken from www.dqsindia.com