What youâ€™ll see:
- Disagreement among technical staff as to the â€œdone-nessâ€ of different components
- Product under test doesnâ€™t meet requirements/design expectations
- Defects that could have been caught early escape into later life cycle phases due to that
- Increase in integration/test time.
Why Should You Care? Becauseâ€¦
- Product reliability suffers if defects arenâ€™t detected/ corrected prior to customer release
- Product costs more to test if early verification activities are ignored
- Customers donâ€™t want to pay for defective products – You probably wonâ€™t get their business next time.