What you’ll see:
- Subsystems don’t operate together
- Increased integration/test time
- Building test harnesses/procedures/etc late in the project
- Integration environment is inadequate to support the integration activities.
Why Should You Care? Because
- You can’t release the system until it operates as a unit
- You’ll spend more time in integration/test than you planned/can afford
- You can’t accurately estimate integration-related costs, reducing your customer’s confidence
- There’s nothing quite as embarrassing as installing a product that doesn’t integrate with the customer’s system.