What youâ€™ll see:
- Staff attending training courses they donâ€™t need
- Staff avoiding training that is provided
- Inappropriately-skilled staff being assigned to tasks, often without knowledge of the deficiency
- Staff arenâ€™t released to attend training they do need.
Why Should You Care? Becauseâ€¦
- You compromise your competitive edge if staff are not appropriately skilled for the tasks youâ€™re competing for
- Staff who get frustrated at not getting the training they need may look elsewhere for a job
- Customer confidence is eroded when they find out that inappropriately-skilled staff are assigned to their project
- The productivity difference between highly skilled/unskilled staff (at least in software) is documented in the organization.