What youâ€™ll see:
- Lots of staff changes in the Engineering Process Group or equivalent
- Lack of visible senior management support for process improvement activities
- The things that are chosen for improvement are not aligned with business priorities
- False starts and rocky implementations of improvement efforts.
Why Should You Care? Becauseâ€¦
- Each time the organization visibly fails at improvement, the harder it is to get support the next time
- Lack of alignment with business priorities means lots of overhead money gets wasted
- If the organization canâ€™t effectively support improvement, employee pride in their work is eroded when they canâ€™t meet customer expectations
- Employees will only tolerate so many â€œimprovementsâ€ that donâ€™t work before they look for another job.