What youâ€™ll see:
- Unclear who is authorized to make what decisions?
- Decisions are made on primarily subjective basis
- Same issue is â€œdecidedâ€ over and over and overâ€¦â€¦
- Rationale for earlier decisions is unavailable when needed to understand the decision later in the project
- Only a few choices considered for major decisions
Why Should You Care? Becauseâ€¦
- Decisions getting made without all the relevant factors being considered usually costs time or money later on
- Missing a more optimal solution can cost you time, money, credibility, perhaps even the whole project
- Revisiting decisions, digging up rationale, undoing decisions reduce customer confidence in your expertise and technical liability to serve their needs.