Audit is an evaluation of implementation of Processes in the Projects and Organizational Level. Audit is an important function of Compliance and is required to be conducted on a regular interval so that Compliance Level can be checked and if any correction/improvement is required it can be done.
During the audit, findings in terms of Non-Compliances or Non-Conformances (NCs), Opportunity for Improvement (OFIs) and Strengths can be reported, as described below:
- Major Non-Compliance: A Major Non-Compliance indicates absence or deficiency of a required practice defined in the model, standard.
- Minor Non-Compliance: A minor non-compliance is the one which indicates some deviation from the practices. It shows that practice is followed but partially.
- Opportunity for Improvement (OFIs): Whereas an OFI shows a finding which can be improved upon and does not conform to major or minor non-compliance. It is something that indicates adequate implementation but the organization can use the suggestion for process improvement
- Strength: Strength shows the implementation of one or more practice, which is exceptional or on which you can feel proud of.
- (Note: The above-definitions are strictly not according to the ones defined under ISO Audits)
Root Cause Analysis for NCs
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) should be done for all types of findings irrespective of their types i.e. major or minor. It is important to analyse root causes of major as well as minor NCs. Because if we leave minor NCs un-attended, they can become Major NCs over a period of time and can take more effort and resources to fix them. There are various techniques for RCA like Fish Bone Analysis, Pareto Analysis.
DQS India can provide training on different RCA Techniques to organizations. Just Contact us at DQS India Contact Page.
How DQS India can help your organization in conducting CMMI Audits?
DQS India, an authorised SEI Partner, can provide CMMI Consultants who are CMMI Subject Matter Experts. These CMMI Consultants have required skill and expertise in conducting the CMMI Audits and can help in maintaining the CMMI Compliance.
CMMI Audits covers the activities at Organizational and Project Level. A detailed Findings report is provided to the organization with all Major, Minor NCs, OFIs and Strengths. You can work on these finding to close them.
Further Facilitation and Guidance is available to organization to work on these finding.
You can hire CMMI Consultant from DQS India for any kind of CMMI Implementation and for any CMMI Model. Contact Information is available at DQS India Contact Page.
You can read more about DQS India CMMI Consultant.