In today’s world when outsourcing for products and services has increased manifold. The need for quality for these products and services has increased as well. And if your organization is not having a process improvement model like CMMI for its product and services, you are likely to be asked by your customers for the one.
So the question is “Shall we go for CMMI on customer’s request?”
The response to this question could be different for different companies, different scenarios and different people. If we analyse it closely then it could be beneficial for your organization to go for CMMI Model implementation and then CMMI SCAMPI Assessment. In this post let us analyse the pros and cons of the CMMI adoption in an organization.
Cons for CMMI adoption
There are few cons for implementing CMMI and some of these are as follows:
- It may add overhead in terms of effort as it may require some of the evidences in the form of documentation. But can be managed using automated tools.
- May require additional resources (human and other)
- It may require expertise and knowledge in organizations to initiate CMMI-based process improvement.
- It may require a considerable amount of time for implementation.
- It may require a shift in organizational culture, behaviour and attitude towards processes and process improvement.
Pros for CMMI adoption
There are few pros for implementing CMMI and some of these are as follows:
- It leads to situation where you have less defects and less rework
- Cost saving and decreased costs
- Increased in productivity
- On-Time Deliveries
- Increased Customer Satisfaction
- Increased Return on Investment
- Change in organizational culture towards process improvement activities at Project Managers to Team Members level
- Incorporation of Best Practices in the Organizations as described in CMMI Models
So shall we go for CMMI adoption
On the analysis of the above pros and cons we can assume that adopting a Process Improvement Model like CMMI can lead to dramatic improvement in the organization in terms of culture, productivity, customer confidence, costing etc.
So your organization can move towards implementing CMMI Model for process improvement.
Want CMMI Consultants for CMMI Implementation
We, DQS India, is one of the CMMI Institute Partner and provides CMMI Services suite including services like CMMI Appraisals, CMMI Consulting, CMMI Consultants and CMMI Training. As we are having years of experience and over hundreds of client for CMMI implementations, you can certainly rely on our services.
For inquiries please contacts us –
DQS Certification India Private Limited
Please note: Email communication would be preferred mode of communication.