SEPG or the QAG is the main group that leads the Quality Initiative in the CMMI organization and is responsible for conducting many activities in the organization. This group takes care of CMMI Process Improvement activities all over the organization or IT Unit.
SEPG is mainly involved with these CMMI Process Improvement activities:
- Collection and Evaluation of Process Improvement suggestions from organization or from external entities like client, market etc.
- Planning of Process Improvement activities
- Identifying Skilled and Experienced People for implementing CMMI Process Improvement activities
- Development and Enhancement of QMS (Quality Management System)
- Providing information about Process Improvement done to the relevant staff and ensure it reaches the respective staff
- Regular update of SDLC Models for the Organization, keeping in view the usage of SDLC Models with client requirements and internal working
- Preparation and update of Tailoring Guidelines for the Organization. That clearly identify what can be tailored depending on the project size/duration/team size etc.
- Most importantly maintaining Organization’s Measurement Repository (Quantitative Metrics Data Collection). It involves collection of metrics data, validating it and publishing of metrics reports.
- Group establishes Organizational Goals for quality (qualitative and quantitative) and provides structure for achieving these goals.
- It also helps in the evaluation of new tools and technologies and then recommending the best suited tool/technology to the organization and thus saving time, effort and money.
All these activities are targeted towards the Continuous Process Improvement in the organization using CMMI Framework.