CMMI Model focuses on the Organization Training as a step for Continuous Process Improvement because without providing the required training to the Staff it is not possible to lead the organization in the right direction to achieve its goals. Talking about Process Improvement without providing the right training to staff looks fake for Process Improvement.
Organizational Training (OT) Process Area is available in the CMMI Maturity Level 3 and focuses on the following tasks:
- Organizational Training Capability
- Organization should identify the Training Needs
- Organization should identify which Training needs are the responsibility of the Organization
- Prepare Training Plan
- And establish Training Capability using Internal or External resources
- Provide Training
- Training should be delivered
- Training Records should be prepared
- Training Effectiveness should be measured
How to measure training effectiveness in CMMI?
There various ways in which Training Effectiveness can be measured. Some of the common and useful ways to measure the training effectiveness could be:
- Training Feedback Form: Used to gather the participants responses on the Training parameters like Trainer Capability to deliver training, His presentation, Course Material Quality, Course Content Quality. This can be in the form of different parameters and their rating (1-5).
- Trainer Feedback: Feedback from trainer could be taken for the participants on their responses during the training, their activeness etc.
- Quiz after Training: A quiz could be presented to participants with at least 60% minimum passing score and it should be communicated to participants before starting of the training. This makes them available physically and mentally during the training.
- On the job feedback: On the job feedback can be collected from the Reporting Officers of the Participants after a certain period on the completion of Training. This can also be in the form of different parameters and their rating (1-5).
All these feedbacks can be combined to provide the actual benefit of the training i.e. the training effectiveness. Also note that Output from all these activities can also be taken through online tool if your organization is using one.
How DQS India can help you in the preparing for Organizational Training as required by CMMI?
DQS India has conducted various Training programs for its customers around the globe. We can provide guidance and support for all activities related to Organizational Training as laid done by CMMI Model. supported by our vast experience in this field. We help you in conducting activities like Identifying Training Needs, Developing Internal Training Capabilities, Preparing Plan for Training, Imparting Training and then measuring its effectiveness.
How DQS India can help you in collecting Training Effectiveness as required by CMMI?
We have developed training artefacts including different presentations, tools, templates, forms so that you can easily manage day to day training tasks without any hassle. We also provide support for conducting various training required for CMMI.
With our support you can be rest sure that your Organization Training will move in the right direction with right thrust to achieve the Organization goals.
Contact DQS India
Interested in our CMMI Services, please contact:
DQS Certification India Private Limited
Please note: Email communication would be preferred mode of communication.
Reference Material taken from www.dqsindia.com