CMMI terminology is little different from ISO terminology and CMMI does not use word auditor instead it uses word Assessor and Appraisal Team Member. There are two main roles in the CMMI for the persons who can conduct assessments in the organization – CMMI Certified Lead Appraiser and Assessment Team Member (ATM). CMMI Certified Lead Appraiser can formally conduct the SCAMPI A appraisals of different organizations and provide ratings to CMMI Institute for their approval. On the other hand ATMs provide assistance to Appraiser during the course of assessment. Internally ATMs can do the internal assessment of organizational processes and projects in the organization.
So the exact route depends on what you want to become or where you want to work in. There can be following scenarios:
You want to conduct Assessment of Internal Projects and Processes in your organization
If you want to conduct assessment for projects and processes in your organization then you can go with training – Introduction to CMMI for Development V1.3 course from CMMI Institute. This training provides an in-depth knowledge about CMMI including details of Maturity Levels, Process Areas and detailed description of Specific Practices. It also enables you take part in the appraisals as ATM and also to provide guidance to others. And if you have sound knowledge of processes then you conduct audits for processes and projects in your organization.
You want to become Certified Lead Appraiser and want to conduct Official SCAMPI Assessments client Organizations
If you want to become Authorised Appraiser then CMMI Institute has defined pre-requisite which are as follows:
- First your organization has to apply to become a Partner for SCAMPI appraisal services
- This application has to be accepted by CMMI Institute and then you have to sign the applicable agreement.
- You must have participated as an Appraisal Team Member on at least two SCAMPI A appraisals or on one SCAMPI A appraisal and two SCAMPI B or C appraisals within the prior 24 months
- Have at least 10 years of project management and engineering experience in systems or software engineering
- Have a minimum of two years of experience managing technical personnel
- Have an bachelor degree from in a related technical area or equivalent experience
- Have successfully completed the following courses:
- Introduction to CMMI for Development V1.3 course
- Intermediate Concepts of CMMI for Development course
Once you have these qualifications/skills then you can start your journey for becoming a SCAMPI Lead Appraiser for Development (or the selected CMMI Model) which includes Training and SCAMPI LA Certification Examination and involves heavy costs. You can read about SCAMPI LA at – http://certification.cmmiinstitute.com/get-certified/process-improvement/become-a-scampi-lead-appraiser-for-development/
Want to have Introduction to CMMI for Development V1.3 course
DQS India (CMMI Institute Partner) is authorised for conducting CMMI SCAMPI Assessments, CMMI Consulting and CMMI Training and Course Delivery. We can provide Official CMMI Training – Introduction to CMMI for Development V1.3 course worldwide. Our unique methodology of course delivery makes it different from other and participants are able to learn and grasp most of the content during the course of training itself.